There are many ways to get involved in the Great Neck Synagogue and making a donation is always a great way to support our Shul and the programs that we offer. We know that there are a lot of sponsorship and dedication options at the Synagogue and it is perhaps difficult to decide which way to go. Here is a list of current opportunities and if you have any questions or need assistance we would be glad to discuss the options with you. Click here to connect with Howie Wolf, Chair of the Fundraising Committee:
- Open Donation – select a dollar amount that is comfortable to you.
- Yom Kippur Appeal – make your donation to the GNS Yom Kippur appeal online.
- Siddur, Chumash and Kiddush – smaller sponsorship opportunities perfect to celebrate, memorialize or to remember.
- Synagogue Funds – there are many worthy funds that have been established for specific purposes over the years. Take a look and see if a cause is important to you. There are no minimums, all donations are welcome.
- The Holocaust Wall – a wall to memorialize the martyrs of the Shoah (שואה). Sponsorship opportunities range from $600 to $18,000
- The Stained Glass Windows – nine stained glass windows entitled “The Celebration of Life” representing Jewish rites of passage and the holidays we celebrate with our families. Sponsorship opportunities range from $1,000 to $3,600
- The Tree of Life – This magnificent eight foot freestanding tree is the focal point of our main lobby. It is perfect to commemorate births, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, graduations, anniversaries, or any other occasion honoring a loved one. Sponsorship opportunities range from $500 to $10,000
- Gail’s Garden – Inspired by the memory of our beloved Rebbetzin, Gail Polakoff a”h, the creation of a garden in her memory helps us to enjoy the beauty of life all around us. Sponsorship opportunities range from $2,500 to $36,000
- Beit Midrash – The Beit Midrash is the focal point and hub of activity for our Synagogue, day and night, seven days a week. The many beautiful aspects of this Beit Midrash enhance and inspire all who enter. Become a builder of the Beit Midrash. Sponsorship opportunities range from $3,600 to $18,000
- Building For The Future – To deal with our growing membership the Synagogue took on its most aggressive building campaign since its original construction. This expansion included a new youth center, an expanded lobby, and a reconfigured administrative wing, along with the remodeling of the ballroom. Sponsorship opportunities range from $10,000 to $500,000
- Mezuzot – As part of the Building for the Future Program there are opportunities to sponsor the Mezuzot throughout the Shul complex.Sponsorship opportunities in this category range from $3,600 to $5,000
- Educational Programs – There are many shiurim and learning programs taking place throughout the year at the Synagogue. Each educational program affords a sponsor the opportunity to remember a loved one by sponsoring a program in their memory. Sponsorship opportunities range from $36,000 to $500,000
- Hunger Initiative – Doing chesed is a religious obligation and one of the highest forms of imitating Hashem’s care and compassion for humanity. Please give with a full heart to hlp those whose stomachs are empty.
Whatever level you choose to give, charity is an act of love, kindness and compassion. We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about the opportunities to give tzedaka through the Great Neck Synagogue.