The Scholar in Residence Series was established through the generosity of Lev Dynkin and his family to memorialize the legacy of his father, Dr. David Dynkin. A “Refusenik” from the former Soviet Union, Dr. Dynkin sacrificed his carreer in order to raise his family in a society where they could grow as Jews. These lectures represent his dream of Torah Scholarship.
- Rabbi Israel Meir Lau, May 11, 2008
- Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz, June 18, 2008
- Rabbi J.J. Schacter, September 5-6, 2008
- Sept.5, Friday night dinner and lecture: The status of Jerusalem in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
- Sept. 6, Saturday morning drasha: The contemporary significance of the state of Israel: Reshit, Zemichat Geulatenu?
- Sept.6, Saturday afternoon Shiur before Mincha: Rosh Hashanah: Holiday or Day of Awe?